Understanding EMR or EMF (Electromagnetic Radiation or Frequency) and its Effects on Your Health
EMR and EMF modern technology is exciting and scary. Exciting because new technologies are making people’s lives easy. Scary because easiness comes with sacrifices, and we forget this universal fact.
Electromagnetic radiations are the by-product of modern technology. EMRs or EMFs are invisible waves of energy or frequencies, that weave a web around our everyday lives.
EMR is not just a term of physics; it’s a phenomenon that surrounds us and plays a significant role in how we communicate, interact, and experience the world.
It’s everywhere, from radio waves that carry our favorite tunes to the microwaves that warm our meals; EMR is becoming an inseparable part of our daily routines.
The surge in technology, especially the rise of 5G, has raised concerns about the potential impact of EMR on human health. You are waiting for faster data speeds and seamless connectivity that 5G brings. But are you pondering the implications of living in a world immersed in electromagnetic fields?
Wireless devices, cell towers, and smart appliances silently proliferate in human lives. The once futuristic concept of a “radioactive future” now stares us in the face. It is happening. We need to consider its consequences thoughtfully.
This blog is dedicated to EMR’s effects on health, its lesser-known symptoms, its relation with 5G tech, and prevention and coping strategies.
The Difference between Electromagnetic Waves and Electromagnetic Radiation
You may hear/read these terms interchangeably. There is a subtle difference which is important to know to understand what’s coming next.
These waves are (almost) harmless. They are tireless messengers of energy, traveling through space without the need for a physical medium.
Electromagnetic waves are used in low-frequency radio, cell phones, and other wireless devices that are constantly searching for signals. They help us wirelessly communicate, transmit information, and marvel at the wonders of the visible world.
A vast and encompassing spectrum, electromagnetic radiation stretches beyond the realm of human perception. It’s not just the radio waves and microwaves we know; it also includes things like X-rays and gamma rays, which we can’t see at all. It’s like a big family of waves; some of them are used in technology and medicine to do essential things.
There are two categories of electromagnetic radiation.
- Ionizing radiation
These radiations carry enough energy to dislodge tightly bound electrons from atoms, potentially leading to harmful biological effects.
- Non-ionizing radiations
This radiation includes lower-energy radio waves and microwaves, lacks ionizing potential, and is generally considered less harmful.
Symptoms of Electromagnetic Exposure
You can’t escape from EMR. But if your exposure is too much, you will face adverse mental and physical effects.
Supposedly the non-ionizing or mid to low-frequency EMFs type of radiation does not affect human health. It is ionizing or high-frequency EMFs that damage DNA or cells.
Apart from this, the symptoms vary depending on the factors. For instance, it depends on your health and pre-existing conditions or sensitivity. You can imagine the amplification if you are full of heavy metal toxicity or have a depressed immune system!
Here are some most prevalent symptoms of EMR exposure.
Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS)
According to WHO, a person with broad exposure to EMR becomes overly sensitive to electromagnetic waves. Then he experiences persistent fatigue, unrelenting headaches, and difficulty concentrating, even in seemingly low EMR environments.
Research published in BMC states that Insomnia becomes an unwelcome companion for some, as EMR exposure disrupts circadian rhythms, the natural internal clock that regulates our sleep-wake cycles.
Skin Rashes and Irritations:
Skin issues are lesser-known manifestations of EMR exposure. People exposed to high EMR levels may encounter skin rashes, irritations, and inexplicable sensitivity. Skin is the largest organ in our body so it makes sense that it is trying desperately to detoxify through it. Long-term (months, years?) EMR exposure disrupts the natural, intricate connection.
Some individuals struggle to focus and have difficulty retaining information, feeling like something is clotting their brain nerves. They start facing memory problems. That’s where EMR influence individual with increased frustration and diminished productivity or cognitive clarity.
Are another emotional symptom of high EMR exposure.
According to research by PubMed, even extremely low frequencies of the electromagnetic field can affect sleep quantity leading to depression, anxiety, and mood swings. But remember, these low-wave cell phones and electronics are not supposed to harm us. Hmmm.
Prevention, Mitigation, and Coping Strategies
We are surrounded by electromagnetic radiation all of the time. No one can completely diminish them. But you can prevent yourself from getting widely exposed to EMR. Here are some actionable steps you can implement now.
Minimize EMR Exposure:
Even the excess of good things is wrong. If you live in an environment overloaded with electromagnetic emissions…you better consider these steps.
- Keep a safe distance from high-EMR sources like cell towers, Wi-Fi routers, and power lines.
- Opt for wired connections (ethernet with CAT 6 wiring) instead of wireless ones to reduce EMR exposure whenever possible. Let’s not sit inside a microwave!
- Use speakerphone or wired headsets to keep your phone away from your head during calls. Air buds cause the WiFi/Bluetooth signal to travel through your brain as it is the fastest route with the fluid conducting to the other air pod. Please use wired earbuds.
EMF Remediation Devices:
Your health is your wealth. If you can’t change your environment, then investing some money into remediation devices can help you and your family live healthily.
- Explore EMF remediation devices like phone cases, laptop pads, and protective clothing to reduce exposure. You can purchase one of the best remediation devices on the go from here.
- Consider EMF-blocking curtains and canopies (faraday cages) for your bedroom or even EMF-blocking paint to create a restful EMR-free space.
Limit Screen Time:
One of the major human-made sources of EMRs is screens. You have to use it all day. But;
- Set aside regular periods where you disconnect from screens to reduce overall EMR exposure.
- Avoid screens at least an hour or two before bedtime to promote restful sleep and minimize EMR’s impact. The blue light can also stimulate your brain so falling asleep is difficult.
Balancing your lifestyle is not only crucial for EMR/EMF exposures; instead, it benefits you every day and everywhere. So;
- Keep your diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to defend your body against potential EMR effects.
- Take individualized, targeted supplements according to your Hair Mineral Analysis results to protect your cells.
- Do some Physical activity. It helps boost overall health and resilience to stressors, potentially aiding in coping with EMR.
- Engage in mindfulness practices, yoga, or meditation to reduce stress, which may amplify or overstimulate your brain causing EMR-related symptoms.
- Use EMF-negating tools for your electronic devices and on your body.
This sounds non-realistic now…but it is still possible if you set the standard to;
- Designate certain areas in your home as technology-free zones to minimize EMR exposure during rest or family time.
- Turn off Wi-Fi routers and electronic devices at night to create an EMR-free environment for better sleep.
Educate and Advocate:
- Educate yourself and your family about EMR / EMF exposure risks and safety measures.
- Consult EMR specialists and health professionals for personalized advice based on your unique circumstances.
You can’t undo technology and all the gadgets, devices, and equipment that cause EMR emissions. But you can take cautious measures to reduce EMR exposure. Keep yourself and your family safe from the deadly effects of this creepy mess of electromagnetic radiation networks.
Still, if you need help or consultation for your health-related issues, I am just a message or email away.
LET’S CHAT about your health goals!
Copyright Scientific Nutrition, LLC 2023