You are currently viewing 12 ways Deep Breathing can help you to detox and lower stress levels!
Deep breathing is one of the ways to detox and many more benefits!

12 ways Deep Breathing can help you to detox and lower stress levels!

The benefits of deep breathing versus how we normally breathe are phenomenal.

Remember what your parent said when you were a child and you were upset?  “Stop and take a deep breath.”  They were helping us to regain control to calm down.
We may not think of how we are breathing in relation to detoxifying our body but it has a huge effect on many of our systems.


What can deep breathing exercises do for you?

  • Encourages you to improve your posture when lengthening your body to allow maximum space opening. Engage your stomach in rising as well as your chest.
  • Can significantly help with pain relief (perception) and is very effective in managing many forms including childbirth, fibromyalgia, headaches, arthritis, and muscle tension.
  • Improves digestion by increasing blood flow.
  • Strengthens your core muscles which in turn support your back.
  • Clears excess gases out of your lungs such as carbon dioxide while helping to maintain elasticity.
  • Increases energy, cellular exchange, and stamina.
  • Improves your immune system.  Even cancer hates it.
  • Decreases stressful feelings and anxiety while lowering blood pressure.  When we have stressed our body releases cortisol (which is a natural anti-inflammatory) but by increasing oxygenation, we increase the “feel good” endorphins.
  • Stimulates your lymphatic system which is basically a non-moving garden hose that clears your toxins and debris.
  • Lowers your blood pressure by dilating the blood vessels, slows your heart rate, and relaxing muscles.
  • Breathing does 70% of your body’s cleansing of toxins with the other 30% done in the bowels and bladder.  We do actually breathe burned fat cells out used for fuel during exercise.
  • Help in improving adrenal burnout by allowing them to relax or slow the production of adrenaline.

Hair Analysis for Deep Breathing

In my mid to upper programs I coach clients to practice deep breathing for relaxation and detoxification.  There are different methods that work differently for everyone so finding the right one for you is key.
Deep breathing doesn’t have to be complicated.  You can do it anytime as much as you like.  Choose a number of seconds to breathe in through your nose as much air as you can, hold and release out of your mouth!
When you first begin you can try it lying down in case you feel dizzy until you get into a slow rhythm that works for you.  Try it, 5 seconds in, 5 seconds hold, 5 seconds out.  Repeat 5-10 times

I would love to hear how this goes for you!


If you would like to connect on a personal call for further assistance LET’S CHAT about your health goals!

Copyright Scientific Nutrition, LLC – 2020