Hair Analysis testing results seem to correlate very well with the bone levels of Aluminum even if blood values are not equally high. Our body tries to clear the blood of toxic metals and regulate it beautifully from moment to moment but tissue stores may be high when it is unable to get rid of enough quickly. We typically think of Alzheimer’s Disease when we think of the cognitive component. Psychologically we see mental weakness or ‘soft in the head’ with this toxic metal. People with higher levels are often not centered or grounded, spacey, confused, forgetful, and sometimes exhibit childish behaviors. This neurotoxin can also make it difficult to recall and focus through extreme brain fog.
Aluminum is everywhere! It is a soft, lightweight, shiny yet toxic metal that is neither acidic nor alkaline reacting so it is neutral. Due to its flexibility and strength, it is used in many products we encounter daily.
There are many common sources including:
- Table salt (Al is added to this mineral deficient product as an anti-caking agent)
- Antiperspirants (also Natural crystals and stones)
- Tap Water (Al settles the dirt leaving the water clear)
- Food powders such as cocoa and baking powder
- Most cosmetics (as a base) to add sparkle
- All prepared foods made with municipal tap water
- Processed foods or drugs made on Aluminum machinery
- Food that is grown in clay soil can contain high amounts of
- Uncoated Aluminum cookware, particularly when acidic foods such as tomatoes are cooked
- Food coming from Aluminum cans including soda pop or beer
- Aluminum foil usage shed microscopic pieces onto the foods
- Any peppermint, spearmint and wintergreen products as the plant naturally pull it from the soil
- Antacids such as Rolaids, Mylanta, Maalox
- Working with Aluminum building materials as well as household items made of Al
Aluminum can affect your skin, nervous system, digestive tract as well as memory recall, cognition, and dementia. It is often used to calm the stomach but is very toxic in the intestine which is often called our second brain. It can block electrical communications in our nerve cells thus dulling our reactions. It can stop or at the least inhibit enzymes in the brain and diminish dopamine (our feel-good hormone) which is involved in motivation, motor control, the executive function of the brain, and arousal.
Frequently it is used as a sweat reducing agent in antiperspirants but is very toxic to the lymph nodes. It can accumulate as well as clog the lymphatic drainage which is only moved during exercise or specific massage easily. I like to refer to the lymph system as a garden hose that needs help to move and drain. Removing this toxic heavy metal is one of the easier metals to pick up and detoxify with nutritional balancing. Many studies have shown Mercury and Aluminum can bind in the brain so cleaning them out is imperative for long term mental clarity.
Learning your tissue and bone levels are to detoxify this toxic metal is imperative! A non-invasive Hair Mineral Analysis can show you where you are at and what needs to be done for the best quality of health possible. To chat and ask any questions kindly click here to find a time that works with your schedule.
For symptoms for Aluminum toxicity, click here .
Scientific Nutrition, LLC© 2020