Tap water has been linked to 100,000 cancer-related cases a year?!
On top of chemicals, heavy metal toxicity is one of the hidden dangers my clients need help navigating. It is more common than you may think!
We’ve all heard about the Flint, Michigan public water contamination of Lead. It is just another example of the hidden dangers we face in finding the best water source possible. I often see copper toxicity in my clients, some of which have accumulated it from water pipes. Some well water tends to have a sulphuric or rotten egg odor which can be attributed to heavy Manganese that can cause toxicity symptoms. Traces of medications can be found in municipal waters from urine that circulates back into the water source as well as glyphosate (Roundup) weed killer!
It can be confusing trying to figure out what water is best. There are so many experts and machines that can change the structure of the water even. The average person can do very well with a Berkey Water Filter. I don’t suggest distilled as it can chelate or grab onto minerals you need as well as the heavy metals we all want to detox. I have found Reverse Osmosis water dehydrates my clients as it also pulls necessary minerals. Springwater is great but you must verify nothing is added, for example, fluoride (yes they do but do not list it!!). If you would like a local, mineralized water source, you can go to www.findaspring.com . These sources are EPA tested and free.
What to do if you want to change?
Start taking small steps toward a healthy lifestyle with a few tips:
1. Detox!! Have a science-based way to measure it is exiting your body. I specialize in hair analysis for this.
2. Drink at least 3 quarts of clean water daily! I have a silver guard water softener (it kills bacteria with silver impregnated carbon), a house filter, Berkey filtration for purchased spring water and a solid block carbon filter on the showerhead.
3. Eat organic as much as possible, cut processed “foods” and add healthy fats sparingly.
4. Exercise daily but not more than 45-50 of cardio as it raises cortisol (belly fat triggered by hormones). Heavy metals are trapped within this fat as well as some chemicals your body can’t detoxify.
5. Use only targeted supplements specific to YOUR body’s needs. Don’t try everything- fad pills, powders & potions. If you feel better, it may be due to adrenaline or a temporary boost of minerals that were deficient. Snickers satisfies and can make you feel good short term too, until the heart attack and sugar crash. Many of these generalized marketed “miracle” products are counterproductive to many individual’s chemistry!